1. Putting everything in his mouth. A lot of babies do this, but Theo never really did so we are in uncharted, frustrating territory,
2. Destroying (and eating) any plant or flower that comes within his reach. This moved into my top ten annoyances this week as he snapped one of my tomato plants in half and dug up all of my dill seedlings. I am toying with the idea of installing a deer fence around the garden until he gets older.
3. His obsession with shoes. Multiple times a day I catch him with a shoe or slipper that he managed to get a hold of and of course put in his mouth. Dustin and I have already decided that once this oral fixation stage is finished, we need to take him in for a good deworming.
5. Pulling the front of his pants and diaper down so that just his little bits are dangling out, thus rendering his diaper ineffective. I catch him in this liberated state at least 3 times a day. I am thinking of devising a system of diaper suspenders before I have to clean up too many puddles of pee.
6. Throwing things out of our second story window and balcony into the parking lot below. This was more annoying a few weeks ago, but since I zip-tied fine netting over the bars to stop him, my trips downstairs to collect all the odds and ends thrown down have lessened.