10.09.2012

Happy Thanksgiving, Eh!

To all you Canadians out there, I hope that you had a happy Thanksgiving! This year we decided to go all out in our Thanksgiving celebrations. We ordered a turkey from The Meat Guy, made stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, and all the other yummy stuff and even baked a patriotic pumpkin pie.

We invited over our only Canadian friend here in Fukuyama as well as two Japanese friends of ours to join in the festivities.

Baked sweet potato casserole with marshmallow and pecan/cornflake topping:


The turkey and stuffing. We had to borrow a larger oven from our neighbours to roast it in and even then it barely fit. Lots of turkey leftovers!


All of us gathered, feeling very thankful. I think this is the first time that I have had cold o-cha to drink with my Thanksgiving dinner. 


 Our very Canadian pumpkin pie.


Holiday meals are alway such work but totally worth the effort. I think by the time we finish all of our left overs we will have all had our fill of western style holiday food, at least until Christmas rolls around!

3 comments:

Blue Shoe said...

Nice looking food, especially the turkey! Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Laura said...

Thanks!

Unknown said...

Thanks for The Meat Guy link, I look forward to using this when I move to Japan this summer ^_^